I was driving through Olathe, Kansas on my way home to Canada two weeks ago and made the mistake of stopping in the Olathe Gun shop, where I fairly fell in love with a very nice British 20ga on the rack. Unfortunately for me I'm not a US citizen, and the cost of importing the gun into Canada puts it out of my price range. So I've been perusing the better gun shops of Canada and came across a very promising Thomas Wild. Its a 20 gauge, 28" barrels, 2 3/4 chambers choked Cyl/Cyl. Very good bores. Extractor gun. It is listed at 5.43 lbs with an asking price of $2400 Canadian (about $2k USD after shipping and tax).

I would be looking at this as a dedicated grouse and woodcock gun, as an upgrade from my Browning BSS Sporter which is 28" with Skt/Skt chokes. I hunt thick brush over a pointer, so my shots are predominantly snap shots. Hunting in more open cover (Huns and pheasant in ND, etc) I usually shoot my Sweet Sixteen, or sometimes I borrow my wife's gorgeous 1950 20ga Superposed. I'm curious how a gun like this would handle in comparison to what I'm used to. The Cogswell and Harrison in Kansas felt like a pointing a pool cue, in a good way.

I'm admittedly out of my wheelhouse when it comes to these British guns. I know my Brownings well - that's all I've really hunted with for the last ten years. I was starting to know what I was looking at with Spanish guns, thinking I'd find an AyA or the likes here in Canada. But I could really use some advice on this one.

The two issues I'm seeing are the slight crack at the boxlock end of the stock, which looks minor. Also the lever looks a bit more centered than I'd like to see, but I'll leave that more to the experts here. I'm going to request some additional photos of the watertable and barrel faces, and will post those as well.

Hopefully I'm not shooting myself in the foot here if someone else were to grab it on me, but I trust y'all.

Thank you!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]