June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
4 members (Mike Harrell, Jeremy Pearce, 2 invisible), 230 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,575
Posts546,553
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Thread Like Summary
Buzz, Dan S. W., keith, LeFusil, Parabola, Southern Sport, Stanton Hillis, Ted Schefelbein
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#632246 06/30/2023 3:32 PM
by Southern Sport
Southern Sport
I am thinking of going over to the dark side and trying an over/under. Would a Beretta Silver Pigeon III be a good place to start? Thanks.
Liked Replies
#632293 Jul 1st a 12:26 PM
by eeb
eeb
I have heard that from Giacomo also. It’s so drummed jnto my head that whenever I see someone simply snap a gun shut it makes me cringe.
2 members like this
#632249 Jun 30th a 03:57 PM
by HistoricBore
HistoricBore
Why not? Do you plan to buy new? Otherwise I would be tempted to get a secondhand Nikko or Miroku.

People seem to be either "Beretta people" or "Browning/Miroku people" - different feel.

HB
1 member likes this
#632256 Jun 30th a 04:27 PM
by Southern Sport
Southern Sport
I do like the Beretta "feel" better than the Browning. No preference on new or used.
1 member likes this
#632379 Jul 2nd a 08:21 PM
by John Roberts
John Roberts
Good. I don't either.
JR
1 member likes this
#632376 Jul 2nd a 08:05 PM
by John Roberts
John Roberts
Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
I'd u had to buy an o/u I think I'd choose a Merkel.

You deserve to have one.
JR
1 member likes this
#632384 Jul 2nd a 08:51 PM
by John Roberts
John Roberts
OK. Make America Great Again. Trump 2024! Right?
JR
1 member likes this
#632381 Jul 2nd a 08:37 PM
by John Roberts
John Roberts
I just like to aggravate liberal Democrats like you. Seems to be working.
JR
1 member likes this
#632389 Jul 2nd a 09:03 PM
by bushveld
bushveld
Originally Posted by bushveld
Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
I'm strong on Beretta. My 20 ga. 687 SP II Sporting may just be the perfect dove gun. Used exclusively twice, for eight shoots each time, in Argentina. Never once has it failed me in any way. I love my S X Ss, but that O/U will never leave my stable as long as I'm alive.

Stan;

Why did you not tell them about the real beginner's O/U that you and I both know about that is probably the best value in the world (and in different gauges)

https://www.academy.com/p/yildiz-legacy-hp-410-bore-28-in-ou-shotgun

https://www.academy.com/p/yildiz-legacy-hp-20-gauge-28-in-ou-shotgun

Now that the Kindergarten spat is over I will move my comment about the beginners O/U down beyond it.
1 member likes this
#632471 Jul 4th a 05:40 AM
by John Roberts
John Roberts
Originally Posted by John Roberts
Originally Posted by John Roberts
My apologies for taking this good thread off topic, guys. Back to the original topic...
JR

Apology accepted. Thank you.
You were not included. But then you knew that. Now don't go away mad, just go away...
JR

You continue to confirm you are just trolling. You probably should try and mend your ways. It is a bad look for you.

But you knew that.
Yes, it’s the most effective way to get mullets to take bait. Nah, I’m not worried about my look. I’ll let you do that.
JR
1 member likes this
#632563 Jul 6th a 12:06 AM
by Jimmy W
Jimmy W
So, best ting to do is to jot down a few of the guns that are mentioned and if you see one at your club, ask if you can shoot it and get the owner's opinion. Good luck.
1 member likes this
#632561 Jul 5th a 10:57 PM
by Stanton Hillis
Stanton Hillis
Easy. As I insinuated earlier ..... Beretta 687 SP II Sporting. It has a field style stock and forend, a bullet proof single trigger, and great handling. There's more, but I digress.
1 member likes this

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.