A buddy of mine was involved in the SOG teams, and a knife collecting neighbor asked him about the "Jimmie Lile" Rambo knife that Stallone used in the movie "First Blood" Like me, his knife of choice was the Randall, he had seen the movie- and replied "yeah, sure, if I could have a boy carrying it for me" I heard rumors of problems with the handles and bolsters on those "Rambo survival knives" have never seen one- Gerbers and SOG knives are the best of the affordable blades today- the Randalls are superb knives but carry the same cachet and price of the pre-64 Model 70's--Patton shot 4 "banditos" while on his horse when he took a platoon armed with 1903's into Mexico to capture Pancho Villa- they came from around a shed and circled Patton, who calmly picked them off on by one with his Colt 1873 Army SA- Gen. Pershing later referred to him as "My Captain Sure-Shot"- one of the banditos he had killed was Villa's "First Lt." and Patton returned to Ft. Bliss with the four dead "banditos" tied to the fenders of the Model T Ford they took-rumor has it that such experience lead to his favoring mobilized and co-ordinated warfare-great history accompanies our best Field Commander ever-I rate another Calvary Officer even higher- but as that came from the "War of Northern Aggression" to mention Nathan Bedford Forrest- he shot 31 Union troopers dead with his pistol from horseback, and had 5 horses shot out from under him during those long bloody years of "brother against brother" and like Patton, believed in mobile striking power- also examplified by USN Naval Adm. Wm. "Haul-Ass" Halsey!

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 06/26/08 09:19 AM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..