Born 1940 in a converted garage on the doorstep of a Pittsburgh steel mill but moved out a few miles to the edge of the country where the woods were my playground and teacher. Followed my Dad and uncles hunting after they returned from WW II. Moved to Idaho in 1950 which was a hunter's paradise - pheasants, waterfowl, deer, antelope and elk, bear and almost no one to hunt them. Took all of the species by age 13 and even spent several weeks out of school working for a wilderness outfitter at age 14. Moved back to the outskirts in W. Pa and continued hunting until I entered West Point and 27 years in the Army. Hunted on several continents and really was taught to shoot shotgun by some legends of the sport while stationed on Okinawa of all places. Settled in Arizona in 1981 and have enjoyed the open space and especially the elk and quail available here. This fall I am looking forward to following my Brittany for quail and a bull elk hunt with my flintlock again plus a junior anterless elk hunt with my grandson.

Last edited by Jerry V Lape; 06/18/08 12:32 AM.