Born 1939 in Columbia, South Carolina. My mom was from Eastbourne, England & came over with her aunt for a visit & only went back once in the '50s. She was the head civilian in Troop Movement at Fort Jackson from 1940 until she retired in 1970. She married my dad in 1937. He was from Hopkinsville, KY & was mustered into the 11th Cavalry in 1915 & chased Pancho Villa back & forth across the Rio Grande with Genl. Pershing & Capt. George Patton. He taught me to ride & shoot & appreciate the outdoors. He gave me my first gun when I was six, an antique dueling pistol. His 12 gauge Fox Sterlingworth now sits proudly in my gun cabinet. I had it completely refinished for him before he passed away in 1974. I have been collecting now over fifty years & learn something new almost every time I read the posts on this board. To paraphrase what an old friend, now gone, Valmore "Val" Forgette once told me "When you think that you've learned everything that there is to know about your special area of interest of gun lore, just wait a minute and something new & unexpected will come along & prove to you just how little you really know". I love to learn & am still learning.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com