Born on the lower Eastern Shore back in the 50's. Great place to grow up and hunt. You can hunt in three states within a 40 mile drive. Twice I have filled three state quail limits in the same day. We would start out in Va, then move into Maryland and finish in Delaware. Back then there were tons of places to hunt and there were not a chicken house every half mile. Land was never posted and a lad only had to ask to get permission to hunt and advise of where the owner knew where all the coveys should be. Bad days back then would be only eight or ten coveys.

Father use to have land on what is now Assateague Island and we use to hunt ducks there in my youth. Also family had relations down on Smith and Tilghman Islands for great hunting on the bay. Family farms on three rivers, off the bay, gave a boy a place to hunt in every possible wind direction and I tried almost everyone of them. Ten ducks a days limit and all the lead shot you needed was about all a boy could ask for back then or now.

Ended up where I am after wife took a job at UK to run one of their medical programs. Like the area but miss the duck hunting. Still, most all of the family hunting property has been either sold off or built up to the point that hunting is a thing of the past on most of my best hunting spots. One is now a mall, one is a cemetery, several have houses on them. Many farms have been sold off in small parcels for "farmettes" as they call them. Five acres and a house in the middle, for country living.