Well since you asked...
Born 1947 in Madison WI but moved away when I was four. Since then I've lived in FL, IL, CA, TX and WA. My first gun was a Daisy Red Ryder that was handed down from an uncle. My first rifle, a 22, was a broken piece of junk I fixed. My first shotgun was a homemade 12 gauge I made when I was about 12. As a young kid, first in New Lenox IL and then in Woodridge IL, I plinked black birds, then moved up to squirrels and pheasants. My best friend, and a long time member of this board, was my hunting-fishing-trapping partner in high school. I've always had a preference for doubles, but never owned one until I was 23. My first double was a great looking single-triggered LC Smith that gave me nothing but trouble and I was glad to get rid of. My second double was a beat up 16 gauge Stevens 5100, I wish I'd never sold it.
Lately, since moving back to Houston, I've been drifting away from shooting much. I've been broke too many times in my life to be able to justify paying what it costs to shoot and hunt around here. It's a shame, I miss it.
Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)