Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Born in 1983 and raised in Athens, Tennessee pop. 15,000 when I was growing up but probably closer to 30,000 now. Currently still living here for a few more months until I head to Grundy, VA pop. 7,000 for school.

I grew up dove, deer and rabbit hunting with my father and other men kind enough to take me along. I have now become somewhat more of a bird hunter and also enjoy bear/boar hunting for a week or two every season. I mostly hunt private farms and National Forest land.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Born in Walkerville Ontario Canada. Moved to US (Michigan) at age 6 days. Dad Grandpas Uncles all double gun shooters/hunters. First real gun DHE Parker 28. Lived too long in California, now in NW Kansas....Old Guy, 73 yesterday!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Born at Selfrege AF Base in Mich. Went tthrough 1st -6th grade outside Coral Gabels Fl.Finialy home to Texas and family farm. Back to Mi live with Mom and grandparents.On seventeenth birthday was signed up for the Marines 1965,!970 back to Texas till 89 and took a six year trip to hunt bears in Alaska,nothing like you read about as they were in my yard. In 95 back to Texas and I'm staying unless I live longer than I think I will. Oh yea started posting here in 96 under Daly then the new forum under Wilhelm Gregor and this forum Amigo Will. Seen lots of great folks pass on from this forum and some just burn out and leave.
God Bless Bill Owleyes Wise and Herr Klunkermiester

Sidelock
Sidelock

Fishing village (pop 200) where not much has changed except that the dirt road I trod in bare feet is now covered by a narrow belt of asphalt. The hunting and trout fishing is even better there now because another generation has grown up that won't walk and use pickups to drive 100 metres to the mailbox. We've seen the best of it.

Amigo Bill: pleased to see you're in the land of the living. You had me worried.

Last edited by King Brown; 06/13/08 10:28 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Born 10-10-39 in Greenville, N.C. ---- Living in small rural town of approx 1000- 1200. Grew up hunting with uncles & cuz'ns (when we weren't making a certain clear liquid) . Started with an old Ithaca 37 pump gun and wound up with a ton of other pieces ---- many which were bought to up-grade as stocks & finish were poor.

Last edited by Ken Hurst; 06/13/08 10:40 AM.

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Sidelock
Sidelock

I grew up in lots of places. Hard to pin it down to just one, or just rural or just suburban or whatever. Frankly, I see hunters from all sorts of backgrounds. And among competitive shooters even more diversity.

Brent

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Western PA country boy born in '39.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bred and born in a mid-sized rural south Georgia town that has somehow turned into a city on me in the last 60 years. I began shooting with a Daisy bb-gun at sparrows and such out of a blind I built next to the chicken yard. My elderly maiden aunt Carrie would cook them for me and I've never since had "game" that tasted any better.

My buddies and I spent week-ends with .410s and .22s (then 20's, 12's and war surplus .303's)across the handlebars of our bikes traveling the block or two necessary to get to our wilderness hunting grounds along the river. At age 10 my grandfather gave me two 15" rabbit beagles and we terrorized the Ga rabbit population till I went off to college and law school.

I got into bird dogs and quail during college and law school and did that till the quail population tanked around here in the '90s. Mostly local dove and duck since then plus a good bit of expensive "destination" hunting in Mex., South America and Canada.

My lab was getting old, so I decided to make a "come-back" last year with a new GWP puppy and kick-em-up quail. I'm lucky enough to have some land to hunt on. I love the Wirehair and she's turned out to be a wonderful companion as well as a very good older gentlemen's walking bird dog. I'm not so enthusiastic about the pen-raised birds, but it beats nothing, and even if we still had wild quail around here, I couldn't keep up with a pair of big-going pointers anymore, anyhow.

I have to admit that this forum has provided a lot of enjoyment and education since I began following it in the late '90s...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Born in 1970, had my 38th birthday on Tuesday actually.

Saw the light of day first time in Southern Illinois and lived there till I was 25 when I moved to Northern Illinois for a better job. Left there and lived in South Carolina for a while but now have sort of settled here in SE Michigan.

Started hunting with my father and grandfather as soon as I was old enough to carry a gun. A friends father got me started duck and goose hunting as my family were bird hunters for the most part.

Destry

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Sidelock
Sidelock

I grew up in paradise. The very last house before entering Everglades National Park below Homestead, FL. Our house (farm) was touted as having the southernmost Rural Delivery mailbox in America. Quail, dove, ducks, deer, alligators, bass, snook, tarpon, seatrout, jewfish, air boats, glade buggys (now called swamp buggys), rattlesnakes, bird dogs, camping, shotguns, rifles, pistols, swamp cabbage, mangos, avocados, tomatoes, limes, baseball, football, basketball, poker, church, fast hot rods, fast friends and loose girls.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.