Bred and born in a mid-sized rural south Georgia town that has somehow turned into a city on me in the last 60 years. I began shooting with a Daisy bb-gun at sparrows and such out of a blind I built next to the chicken yard. My elderly maiden aunt Carrie would cook them for me and I've never since had "game" that tasted any better.

My buddies and I spent week-ends with .410s and .22s (then 20's, 12's and war surplus .303's)across the handlebars of our bikes traveling the block or two necessary to get to our wilderness hunting grounds along the river. At age 10 my grandfather gave me two 15" rabbit beagles and we terrorized the Ga rabbit population till I went off to college and law school.

I got into bird dogs and quail during college and law school and did that till the quail population tanked around here in the '90s. Mostly local dove and duck since then plus a good bit of expensive "destination" hunting in Mex., South America and Canada.

My lab was getting old, so I decided to make a "come-back" last year with a new GWP puppy and kick-em-up quail. I'm lucky enough to have some land to hunt on. I love the Wirehair and she's turned out to be a wonderful companion as well as a very good older gentlemen's walking bird dog. I'm not so enthusiastic about the pen-raised birds, but it beats nothing, and even if we still had wild quail around here, I couldn't keep up with a pair of big-going pointers anymore, anyhow.

I have to admit that this forum has provided a lot of enjoyment and education since I began following it in the late '90s...Geo