June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
4 members (Der Ami, FlyChamps, Chuckster, Jimmy W), 227 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,574
Posts546,513
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: David Furman
I sure wish you guys would just name the smiths--even in a PM. I have no desire to to have to learn the same lesson...

add me to the list,isn't that what we are here for to help and learn?

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

On most tightly choked 20 gauge Fox barrels that are #4 weight when you try to open them up to improved cylinder or skeet they are very thin,sometimes too thin. If you plan to build open choke gun better try to get a gun with #3 barrels at least or use spreader loads. Bobby

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry guys, but it's a sign of the times. As an attorney friend told me you'd better get ready to bend over if you start naming people on the internet, EVEN if it's true. Same with a PM to someone you don't know, once you hit that send key your words and IP can be forwarded again and again to who knows where. Silvers

I AM SILVERS, NOT SLIVER = two different members. I'm in the northeast, the other member is in MT.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Silvers
Sorry guys, but it's a sign of the times. As an attorney friend told me you'd better get ready to bend over if you start naming people on the internet, EVEN if it's true. Same with a PM to someone you don't know, once you hit that send key your words and IP can be forwarded again and again to who knows where. Silvers

You believe a lawyer?? If it was true the lawyers would all be so busy with internet crap they'd have no time to chase ambulances.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Defense cost money, even when you are right. Sad state of affairs. You will win, but how much money do you want to spend doing so? Just as you can no longer give bad employment references you can not name names without tons of proof and many willing experts to back your claims. Then it gets back to money.

Sidelock
Sidelock

So does offense, most of these guys can't get up the cash to follow through. Just because someone says something - means nothing. If this would be the case, the small businessman would be in court everyday of the week.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well old Lowell I have spent my 100K plus on one of these suits, have you?. Won both times. Dead beat filed suit a second time after the first loss and an idiot judge allowed the suit. Even got a judgment for legal fees. Hard to collect from a scum bag, dead beat, with not a penny in his name and one who owes money to dozens of people. He has money, but has it in the names of others so he has not paid any of several judgments against him.

Now I am not saying that anyone involved with guns or working on guns was involved in my suit. But I do know from first hand experience how easy these suits can be brought and how expensive they are to defeat. So best advise is to not get into a --ssing contest if you can help it in the first place. Far safer to give positive recommendations for work well done and not negative one for work not done well. If someone ask a question about a person you had a problem with just post a very strong one for the person who corrected the problem and let that be that. A 100K would have bought me a heck of a lot of fine guns and I won.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It cost as much to go after someone, as it does to fend one off!
Thats why "--ssing contests," are just that, "--ssing contests" and never see the light of day.
...but to judgements, there are lawyers who couldn't even recover their own legal fees that were awarded(like if they've lost or something). If they couldn't - who could says you?
"Old" Lowell could & did!

Last edited by Lowell Glenthorne; 03/16/08 12:57 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't know whats worse
being ripped off or to afraid to tell others so they don't get taken !

sad state to be in !

Last edited by Dave K; 03/16/08 08:23 AM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

This is why if something goes haywire - I sell/trade my gun.
...and of course, I do tell all.
Its a struggle.
Time, money, shipping, and all that - plus the chance of getting ripped-off out-weight the gun's worth to me.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.