June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jimmy W, Roundsworth, Jusanothajoe, Gunning Bird, Jtplumb, ksauers1), 367 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,616
Posts547,029
Members14,427
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Native Englishmen are wise in the ways of shooting. They prefer single trigger gun at rate > 2:1 understanding that taxing ones mind with useless choices only detracts from concentration needed in consistent shooting.

I have hunted with two-triggered doubles for 54 years & my mind seems not the least impaired from the "Ordeal". Over those 54 years I have made many "Useful" selections, which would have been impossible to make with even a SST. But then, my shooting differed from a "Native Englishman". "The Multitude" is not always the wisest choice, if so we would all be using those slam-bang Auto-Loaders.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

As long as you have more neurons than triggers, it's really not a problem. Folks that can handle only one trigger, well...

Brent

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Michael: Thanks for sharing that with us. What a gun!

[IMG]

As a confessed merkel-maniac, I appreciate the show and tell. THese are described in the schwing catalog of gun values, but not so well as here.

rather understated for a Merkel of the time.

I have seen similar checkering on their higher grade 301's, but not with the inlays at the point.

thanks

Jameister
Sidelock
Sidelock

850 dollars in 1939 had the same buying power as 12,945.26 current dollars.

This from Historical Currency Conversions .

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
CMWill #88329 03/17/08 10:56 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

The 1934 Stoger catalogue illustrates this gun and describes it correctly as a "Delux Double Barrel Shotgun with detachable Anson & Deely locks".Listed price is $600,this is the same as the price for the W.C.Scott, Monte Carlo, "B". Note; Stoger,s proper description of the action! I wonder who started to call this type of action a drop lock? Surely droping the locks is the last thing we would want to occur.

Roy Hebbes
Sidelock
Sidelock

That is a very nice looking gun and it is the first time I saw a SXS with such detachable lock.Thanks for sharing.Any idea how much such a gun would cost today and if there are many available?Thanks.

Best-
Vikram

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to
pause
and reflect.

- Mark Twain
vikram #88629 03/19/08 11:40 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: vikram
That is a very nice looking gun and it is the first time I saw a SXS with such detachable lock.Thanks for sharing.Any idea how much such a gun would cost today and if there are many available?Thanks. Best- Vikram

Over the years of watching German guns this is the second detachable (Drop)lock gun I have seen. I have no idea what the value would be but I could have sold this one a dozen times the first day. Also of interest is that it has chopper lump barrels.

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bro. Petrov always offers up some of the best "eye candy" on the board, at least in my opinion. Seems my tastes mirror his, including his shotguns and rifles. The top end German stuff was hard to beat. Thanks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ChiefShotguns
Bro. Petrov always offers up some of the best "eye candy" on the board, at least in my opinion. Seems my tastes mirror his, including his shotguns and rifles. The top end German stuff was hard to beat. Thanks.

x2

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.