Originally Posted By: 2-piper
Personally though I simply had never heard of this "Lost Money" bit until they decided to drop it as a production gun & make it a product of the Custom Shop. Even then the statement I saw was it only lost money due to not being assigned it's proper share of overhead. What's the old saying, you can fool all of the people some of the time & some of the people all of the time. Well this just smacks to me as being more Ploy than Fact. But what do I know, I was a machinist, not an accountant.

I love my Lefever shotguns, but I simply don't get as arrogant about them as the average 21 owner. The 21 is a strong shotgun due to being built of alloy steels, rather than case hardened mild carbon steel. There are many guns of superior design to it.

Miller - Do you really think Winchester marketers plotted to leak evidence of incompetent cost accounting to justify a price increase? A pretty extravagant suggestion when apparent and mundane business world realities explain Winchester's operating and pricing decisions.

Gene Hill and Don Zutz wrote good things about the M-21 (without denigrating other guns or gunmakers) and influenced me. I'm an average M-21 owner. I think Lefevers are wonderful guns, and would love to own one if I could easily find one suitable for my kind of hunting.

My question to you is similar to Ole Cowboy's. How many arrogant M-21 owners have you crossed paths with to warrant the generalized slur? My personal experience is very different, but perhaps your efforts to lift yourself to God's level are rewarded with insights hidden from me.

Please forgive my sarcasm. You contribute a wealth of practical knowledge to this board. I've enjoyed exchanging a few private messages with you in the past about your views of the M-21, and your comments were quite different from the above. Talk on the internet sometimes takes on depersonalized aspects a little like "road rage".

Jay