June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
2 members (KDGJ, Argo44), 447 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,574
Posts546,487
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't worry we have private armies of foreign nationals on our soil willing to do the "heavy lifting". Matter of fact, there an outfit composed of 20k of them just South of W. Kniei. It's a big outfit they make armored vehicels and other equipment there..... They come from all over the world to serve "us": Eastern Europe, S. America (there are some boys from Gen Pinochet's army there!),.....Gee Jerry do you think those boys will hesitate to use anybody as a sand bag? Did you know that nearly 200 of them served as security detail in New Orleans after hurricane Katrina?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Can't use a slide rule?? Thank God and integrated circuits for that! I've been around auto racing for most of my life and driving without a seat belt is just plain foolish IMO not a sign of rugged individualism. This falls into the same category as carrying a loaded weapon in the field with the safety off. The first time I hunt with someone who does that is the last time I hunt with them.
BTW: The crime rate is going off the charts in England from what I've been told. Maybe it has something to do with the fact it's just about impossible for honest people to own firearms.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mass media often distorts and exaggerates crime rates. By using creative stat methods one can make anything seem possible. Locally one hears about: shootings, robberies,...... on almost daily basis yet when I checked local site monitoring police activity in 3 mile radius around me the most serious crime in last 3 months was a stolen ladder from an open garage!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Someone's knocking at the door, someone's ringin' the bell, do me a favor....bolt the door!
No longer a country of good ol'beans - the melting pot has overflowed into the streets. More beheading video dealers than fish'n chips vendors.

eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

England has banned "samurai" swords? That's nothing, in some public/private school systems here in the good 'ol US of A kickball, dodgeball, tag, etc have been banned at recess due to overly aggressive little boys getting too rough (having fun). Boys everywhere are being emsculated by an overly feminine society that places no value on boyish play. "Play nicely children." is their mantra. Gentlemen, teach your sons to shoot and to not be afraid of banging heads on the playground.

Sidelock
Sidelock

PJ did you look at my post above? Did you look at the Hard Facts? Did you see anything in them related to "mass media"?

Does your knowledge about Gen. Pinochet come from having lived in Chile or from mass media?

Best,

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Out of curiosity, where is W Kniei?

I believe it is "in the woods", and no specific geographic location. Fitting address for a master hunter.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would guess Poland or vicinity.

So many guns, so little time!
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Thanks, Nial. I won't check it. Icelanders always seem to have their act together. I must have been thinking of Great Britain as the mother of the empire's parliaments---and that may be wonky, too. Memory, age. Whoever said old age are the golden years must have been smoking dope.

Trust you Nial, it's the Althing, back to about 900, longest continuous existing parliament. Had the pleasure of attending it once. The Brits are arrivists, really. The Scottish parliament merged with the English one in the early 1700's with the Act of Union; Ireland lost its parliament(dated to a Norman one c1250) in a subsequent Act of Union in 1801, caused by the fears of who w/could replace a mad German King and the mass bribery of the ruling Anglo-Irish so-called nobles. Says much about democracy and monarchy. Westminster's description as "Mother of Parliaments" is about as accurate as the "World Series" which I believe is a local ball game in the US.
Km.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm out of my depth here, obviously. Was Althing along British parliamentary model of popular assent, shared power and ministerial responsibility which most democratic countries use today, unlike the American system of separation of powers? In that sense, could GB be Mom to popular government?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.