It is a Darne copy all right-model R, but, can't be sure if it is 1894 or 1909-I can't see the lower metal clear enough.

I have never seen that exact name on a sliding breech gun, and I thank you for posting the photos.

I'm going to be candid. The gun will not be worth anywhere near what it costs to put a new stock on it. It is very easy to end up, as the car dealers put it, "backwards" into a gun like this. This is by no means a high grade gun, and unless it has extreme sentimental value to you, I'd suggest you leave it where you found it. Low grade Darne R clones are a very tough sell, and, moreover, a Darne is an aquired taste. Make no mistake, those that love the design make very good use of them, but, a Darne is by no means everymans gun. While you may be fascinated today, that feeling won't last once you shoot 0 for 25 on skeet, sporting clays, or, whatever, and have more into it than you can ever get out.

Have you ever used a sliding breech gun? Do you like/enjoy/shoot very well with same? Now is a very good time to think about that.

With a bit of looking, a similar, shootable, if not perfectly fitting Darne or clone of same should turn up in the sub $1500 dollar price range. Sometimes, they turn up for a lot less than that. On a low grade, you can feel OK about having a gunsmith work the stock up or down, or extending the buttstock to fit you. Restocking, however, any good double gun, doesn't come cheap.

I wish you good luck in whatever you eventually decide to do.
Best,
Ted