Dave: Making it as plain and easy to understand as possible:

For all items purchased through e-bay the sales charge is 22% because e-bay charges 7% over the 15% that the auction house charges. Since guns can no longer be purchased through e-bay the charge on guns is 15%. Any cases, artwork, decoys, mounts, jewelry purchased through e-bay will carry a charge of 22%. GUNS WILL BE AT 15% since they must be purchased directly through the auction house.. O.K.?

S.C. State Sales Tax will aaply to any item picked up by the buyer at the auction house or shipped by common carrier to a destination within South Carolina. (STATE LAW). Any item, guns included, shipped by common carrier: Fed Ex, UPS, U.S. Postal Service, etc. to a destination outside South Carolina WILL NOT be charged S.C. State Sales Tax. O.K.?

Since LiveAuctioneers.com is an arm of e-bay their instructions do not apply to this sale as it pertains to firearms since e-bay does not allow the sale of firearms. Only Charlton Hall's Conditions of Sale apply to this auction. If you don't want to pay the extra 7% on the other items I suggest that you do not bid through e-bay but through Charlton Hall via: Absentee, Telephone or In-Person bidding. If you don't want to pay the S.C. Sales Tax I suggest you get your purchases shipped out of state.

I hope that this clarifies these issues. Charlton Hall is doing it's level best to make this a wonderful event. After all, it's their first time out & I sincerely hope that those of you who do participate in this auction will post back and let others know your thoughts and feelings once it is over. I'm going down there this afternoon to meet Dig & Mike. Having this type of event locally here in the U.S. instead of across the pond is, to me, a grand idea that should be encouraged rather than disparaged.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com