"Well, he ignored me for the next few months. I finally sent him an email telling him I wanted to return the gun and to make sure he reimbursed me for the return shipping. He agreed and asked me to send the tracking information."

I personally think this part of your argument ends the argument. It doesn't matter if you were in fact ripped off, or it was buyer's remorse, you held onto to the gun for too long.

I bought a Model 21 from a well-known dealer. While discussing its condition on the phone I specifically asked if the gun had been reblued. The person on the phone with the company replied, no it is all original. When I received the gun, it was clearly reblued. I never left my receiving FFL with it, I had him ship it right back. Once received back by them I had to be proactive with getting a full refund. I could have lived with it if it had been reblued correctly, and he did better on the price. But it wasn't and he claimed it was all original.

Most dealers will make good, but you have to do your part. A few well-known dealers exhibit a stunning lack of candor. Not necessarily lying, but not telling you everything either, unless you ask. You want to buy a gun; they want to sell a gun. Its why they call it a deal.

You have to move quickly on this sort of thing, and "the next few months" is on you, I believe. JMHO.

Last edited by OldMaineWoodsman; 04/21/24 09:35 AM.