In an effort to remain "traditional" with one gun, I decided to go the fiber wad route in an attempt to utilize ammo as it was loaded when the gun was made in 1938. I tried a variety of fiber wads and nitro card combinations but my chronographed velocities were all over the map by multiples of 100 fps. Questioning my equipment, I chronographed promo dove loads and a five shot group had at worst 15 fps over manufacturer's velocity claim. I dug deeper in the old literature, mainly a 1953 Lyman manual, and noted that seating pressures were important. I settled on 60 lbs. seating pressure with two nitro cards and a NOS Alcan Bluestreak fiber wad which seemed to be the ticket. I had also "floated" one of the nitro cards in a thin layer of melted beeswax generated by putting shavings on top of aluminum foil in cast iron skillet. I'd flip the NC to coat both sides. I saw where BP listed "waxed" hard card, .5" and ordered them. Something didn't look right about them when I got them. The flat surfaces, front and rear, looked a little too shiny to be wax. I tried melting them in the skillet and there was no melting of the substance-whatever it was-but it was definitely not wax like. Gil