I'm not overly recoil sensitive (I guess I'm just insensitive?) but I suspect that in a light-enough gun, even these AA's will be noticeable. I have two really old 12-bore guns here that I'd planned on for use in the uplands, a ~ 6 1/2 lb hammergun and a 6 lb BLE. I suspect that in both guns these low-recoil Winchester shells will be just fine (both have had their chambers opened up (cleaned-up) by several episodes of honing. In this day and age of a limited availability of lighter 12-gauge shells, I had thought that this option would be of particular interest to the habitués here. The fellow I've been shooting clays with is 85-years old now and he bought them to see if he could reduce his discomfort from an aggrieved shoulder (he'd lost a lot of weight from a COVID episode almost 2-years ago now). These shells are slow enough to need an adjustment on longer crossing shots, but otherwise they work just fine on everything else. As far as lethality on game goes, I can't imaging any 12 gauge load that wouldn't be. I might be convinced to use heavier stuff on pheasants, but on light-skinned birds (such as grouse) I can't imagine a problem.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 02/17/24 12:45 PM.