I'm not at all surprised that these AA shells have low recoil and low report with a subsonic muzzle velocity of only 980 ft./sec. I'd also agree that the pressure is probably on the low side too, but trying to guess pressure is never a great idea. That said, after reading the destructive tests on Damascus barrels by Sherman Bell and Buck Hamlin, I don't lay awake at night worrying that some 8500 psi load will turn sound unpitted barrels into shrapnel.

A greater concern is that, while they may break clay targets well... with some adjustment for leading the target, that much reduced velocity is going to have a substantial effect upon the kinetic energy of those little no. 8 shot pellets. Penetration into game is going to be less as well. Lighter boned birds like doves and woodcock don't seem to take much killing at closer ranges, but I'd expect more cripples on larger birds, especially at longer ranges. So I'd be inclined to stick with something a bit more stout for hunting loads.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.