Originally Posted by Jimmy
I never cared that much for Al Gore, but isn't it odd that everything he told us the scientists predicted clear back in 2005 has come true and is only getting worse?

You have definitely drunk the Kool-Aid. In a Dec. 14, 2009, speech at the Copenhagen Climate Conference, Gore (same fella that invented the internet, remember) suggested the possibility of the Arctic losing some or all of its ice in the summer months within five to seven years, citing researchers associated with the Naval Postgraduate School.

"Some of the models suggest to Dr. (Wieslav) Maslowski that there is a 75% chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during some of the summer months, could be completely ice-free within the next five to seven years."

All this BS is based on models. Remember the old computer operational saying, GIGO? I can create a model that will predict anything I want it to if I feed it the right "data".
Fact is, it hasn't melted Al, and JimmyW, not even during the summer months. And this is after twice the number of years Maslowski gave it to happen.

May God bless America and those who defend her.