Der Ami,
Thank you for setting me straight on the imperial eagles. I lived in Munich while stationed in Augsburg in 1979-80. It was a daily 52 mile trip each way. In the 18 months I was there I was able to see the Austrian Alps 2 times on the drive. The whole country was beautiful and the Beer...Whew. None better in my opinion. Anyway back to my dilemma. My cast shows the distance from the outside of the base to the rifling is 2.89. Rim is .528, base is .483 and width at lip or shoulder is .468. The shoulder is .20 from the start of the rifling or grooves and the smooth portion in this area is .437 diameter. My digital calipers are on the fritz so I am using my old reliable dial calipers so I don't have it in Metric measurements. I had dropped a 9.3x74R into the chamber and the rim seemed to fit well. I have thought about trying to find some 45 basic brass, anneal it and lube up with resizing lube and driving it in to make the cartridges or see if I could fireform with the 9.3x74R. I have neither brass on hand and it seems that both might have to come from Europe, or Australia. Did the Germans ever use paper patching? I believe the material on the lever is likely horn. It has that kind of shading changes throughout. I had not thought of that. Again thanks for your help.