Originally Posted by Jimmy W
I would never be able to find supplies around here like that to reload with. Since lack of bird hunting, most people around here only hunt released birds. Mainly rabbits or squirrels. For that reason, I am lucky just to find premade loads with #5 or #6 lead shot for birds because stores in my area don't provide them. If there is not water around, do you have to use that type of a load to hunt with? Or do you load that type of a load just for the enjoyment of it? If you do, that sounds like fun, but almost impossible for me. There are plenty of clay target reloading supplies, but no hunting- reloading supplies like bismuth or fiber wads. Thanks

I'll assume you are talking to me. If you can type messages on this forum, you can mail order your supplies. Even though there are reloading supplies sold at the local gun shop a mile away and at many other gunshops, I rarely buy from them. They can be hideously over priced.

Nontox loads (ie, Bismuth for me) are required for all waterfowl. That's a federal thing. They are only required for upland where special federal dollars were used to purchase the property (WPA, is one example), or where a local county (such as the one I live in) requires it for land they regulate, or on private property where the landowner requires it. Yesterday, I hunted 3 different properties for pheasants and need Bismuth on one of them. As a result, there is a lot of shuffling of loads in and out of my vest at each place we hunted. It is a small hassle.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]