The same week I acquired my old Krieghoff Model 32 Skeet, still untried, I sealed the deal on a 1970 Browning Superposed shotgun. Belgian-made. Yes, top-dead-center salt wood era, but the seller was gracious enough to have his gunsmith take all the wood off and photograph the underlying metal for my inspection, and to have it cleaned and greased for my use since it was basically in pieces . Result: Not a single pit attributable to NaCl.

I've shot the thing over the past two weekends, and tied my personal best at Skeet twice with it, including today, during my third of four rounds. I was remarkably consistent with it today; not used to that kind of standard deviation of scores, given a new-to-me game, and a new-to-me shotgun.

26-inch tubes, 12-gauge, choked Skeet and Skeet, pistol-grip, big fat beavertail, mid-rib bead worn flat, but that honking-great white front bead's still there.

The metal fitting on the action parts is... Well, It's like I'm shooting a 12-gauge Rolex watch. They did just enough, and the damned thing just works.

What a well-made, brutally-elegant shotgun. Makes the Citori Hunter demo I tried in summer 2022 seem like a telephone pole.

Distillation: It's transparent. Never thought about the shotgun, but only about destroying the porcelain pigeons.