Thanks Mike. I understand that the line of sight through the scope is higher than it was with the iron sights. I measured the under barrel at 2.2" below the line of sight. If I could blink my eyes and make the barrels converge with the scope perfectly at 100" with identical loads, I'd do it. If I have spend money and risk what I have now...no way.

Right now I can put an O/U pair within an inch of the bull's eye at 100" and less than 1/2" from each other, from a rest using life jackets and soft gun cases through a 5x scope and some really big floaters in my old eyes. Here's my target from Africa...

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

I shot the top of my zebra's heart off at 100 yards with the Over barrel, and similary with an Impala Ram at 100 yards with the Under barrel. Here's the Impala, I didn't have the foresight to take a picture of the zebra's heart but it looked identical, only a lot bigger...

I shot the heart out of a whitetail at 175 yards at the end of last season using that same 5x scope. It's got another quirk I haven't mentioned...it throws the first shot from the under barrel after it's been cleaned...

That flyer was U1. The other three were O1, U2 and O2. So, I've learned that I give the gun a thorough cleaning then make sure to put a bullet downrange through the Under barrel before the season.

It's got quirks but I've learned to live with them.