Originally Posted by L. Brown
Originally Posted by Chantry
Originally Posted by Bluestem
Originally Posted by Chantry
The quality is better than a Stoeger.

Damning with faint praise...

I've been a Cowboy action shooter for 25+ years, I've seen a lot of new and used entry level SxS guns (Stoegers, Baikal's, TTN's, Stevens 311) in the under $1000 field.

I haven't seen a better shotgun than the CZ SxS in the under $1000 field and I can't think of a regularly available used SxS under $1000 that is better than the CZ. I own the Bobwhite G2 and know shooters who own their Hammer Classic, semi-auto and O/U and all are happy with the guns. The build quality of all them is better than one would expect for the price.

Not long ago I bought a used Ithaca SKB Model 150 12ga from a local gun store for $950. I thought that was a good price. Don't know if it was unusually good. But unless you have something against single triggers, I'd say that's a better gun than a CZ. But then maybe you won't find many of those--or comparable doubles--for under $1,000.

It probably is a better gun, but the Cowboy shooters found the SKB's and prices, that I have seen, are in excess of $2000 used and that's before the gunsmithing work to make them race guns.

I have become addicted to English hammered shotguns to the detriment of my wallet.