No I bought it for quail and hoped for a few grouse hunts. I shot maybe a thousand Skeet targets with it. It was a neat little gun but it was just a 12 who identified as a 20/28. Those 2", roll crimped Federal Paper hulls were so good looking. And few things smell better than smoke coming out of a paper empty hull on a cool morning. As to chokes, mine was IM in both barrels. Like most it was made by Skimin & Wood. It said J & W Tolley on the side but was a S & W of the British type. In fact I think S & W ended up buying Tolley in the end.

But my quail efforts went for nothing when the State introduce Turkeys on my land. I can not prove that turkeys were the last nail, but I would gladly shoot them all and start over again. To hear a Bob call in the evening would keep my heart young. Over 25 years I spent a large amount of money trying to restore quail to my land. Twice I was certain I was going the right direction, only to have one crash due to extreme weather and the a forever crash to an invasive turkey pest only exceeded by the pestilence of white tail deer. All the DNR cares about are deer numbers and turkey numbers. Both overrated and out of control as far as I am concerned. On any evening I can show you 20 to 50 deer on one of my farms. The crop damage they cause is no laughing matter. My best farm had 8-12 large, healthy coveys at one point and now has only one or two. In the county I grew up in what once was 800-1200 coveys now would be lucky to be 50 coveys. Part due to development, part due to hedge row removal, herbicide, insecticides, no predator control and near criminal indifference from the DNR. I'm sure now it is all global warmings' fault.