May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Der Ami, Borderbill, Dan S. W.), 443 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,553
Posts546,247
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

This is really sad. I'm very sorry to see you've been canceled, and I can't imagine the justification for it.

Nor can I understand why some other people do NOT get canceled.

Best of luck. You deserve better.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

3 members like this: DAM16SXS, Ghostrider, dukxdog
Sidelock
Sidelock

For curiosity's sake, is it the type of business ?, or the size of the business?, that hits the cancel threshold here?
Other companies buy an ad, why can't Bobby?

Out there doing it best I can.
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

No one buys an add for a seasonal small time offering.why don't the people who look for reloading component or ammo or parts or a gunsmith buy an add. there is a for sale section on here if you sell a gun it's 12 bucks ,if this guy is contributing why [censored - come on man!] .I guess all you have to have is a computer to be on this BB you don't have to hunt or even own a gun ..not even a sxs.

1 member likes this: dukxdog
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry you got cancelled, Bobby, but how do you know it happened because there were complaints? Did Dave share that with you? I ask because I can't imagine anyone complaining about it.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
4 members like this: John Roberts, mc, dukxdog, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe if enough of us ask Dave,we can get you back on here . I for one- would love to see some pictures of your place-the living quarters, guys out hunting, the dogs and the whole thing. I love seeing pheasant hunting. Hunting with Hank was always a favorite.

3 members like this: David Williamson, DAM16SXS, dukxdog
Sidelock
Sidelock

I didn’t complain. I don’t know anybody who complained.

Refresh my memory, did you post in the “For Sale” section, or, on the main board? If it was in the selling section, did you spot Dave the price of a gun sold fee, or, not? Did you offer? Maybe doing so, or, offering would have been a good step in the right direction. Just me, I would not have vented my spleen in a public comments area, prior to having had communication with the board owner, and attempting to do what it takes to make it right for both of you.

I would like to believe you provide a good and valuable service to guys who would spend years learning the ropes of finding and staying in good pheasant country.

Good luck resolving this to the satisfaction of both of you.

Best,
Ted

1 member likes this: dukxdog
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Bobby, sorry to hear what’s happened to your posts. I always enjoyed what you posted and know you are an avid supporter of vintage double guns. All I can say is things get weird here now and again.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
2 members like this: mc, dukxdog
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The most popular bb post is the favorite hunting pictures post.page after page of BB members showing hunting pictures from 410 action to 10bore ducks..come-on man ,most of us use our sxs to hunt.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Sorry you got cancelled, Bobby, but how do you know it happened because there were complaints? Did Dave share that with you? I ask because I can't imagine anyone complaining about it.

I can, Stan. Don’t find it surprising.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
2 members like this: Stanton Hillis, mc
dukxdog Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Dave Weber
Sidelock

D
Bloomfield, NY
Yes…several complaints levied too much of an advertisement.

Dave Weber
doublegunshop.com
DoubleGun Evangelist
In Charge But Not Responsible

***I only know of Gil Russell complaining because he posted the complaint on my thread. I do not know of anyone else. I PM'd Gil cordially when I saw his post. He chose not to respond.***

I'm always 100% occupied for the dates I want filled every year because guys love my house and good hunting. Each year I post to get the remaining dates filled. Usually about 6-8 spots.

This is a hobby I love. I really like the guys who come stay with me. Really great bunch of guys! If anyone is a jerk they don't get invited to return.

I have expenses such as mortgage, insurance, TAXES, food, internet/TV, heat, electric, water/sewer, house furnishings, cleaning lady, etc. Plus I do all the cooking so I WORK to make sure guys have a great time!

I was really surprised that anyone would complain since it's hunting and many with SXS vintage shotguns. They must be "Dog faced pony soldiers!" "C'mon man!" wink

Thanks for the positive support! laugh

Plus...I am a really nice guy smile

With a fine gun on his arm, a man becomes a sporting gentleman, both on the field and off.
7 members like this: John Roberts, David Williamson, battle, mc, BrentD, Prof, Stanton Hillis
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.