Originally Posted by mc
I have had to use old shotgun barrels to sleeve sxs,I try and find a set of cast off double barrels that are at least mid 20th century steel they are soft soldered and brazed at the breech also you end up with ribs,Belgian barrels sometime have the ribs brazed I think some Stevens have brazed ribs.good luck on you project .im up in showlow

My folks have a place in a park up in Show Low where they spend their summers. Same name.

I found some loose singles for an O/U. They were pretty cheap so... They have some kind of rib already on them, but it looks funky. Like something I'll have to remove. I got the impression they were new old stock, (never installed) but that leaves me wondering why they are only a little over 23". The breach is already turned for a mono block, but it says the chambers are short. That might mean for 2-1/2 shells or it might mean unfinished. The tracking shows they arrive today along with the new buffer pad for my Buck Mark, so I'll have a look today or tomorrow.

--
Bob La Londe - CNC Molds N Stuff
Proffessional Hack, Hobbyist, Wannabe, Shade Tree, Button Pushing, Not a real machinist!