Even in 2013 time frame, our local guy kept a pretty decent supply. He had primers and components too, he just had a policy of limiting what each buyer could get. Not too strict, I recall buying 3 boxes of something and that was ok. He just didn't want to be cleaned out. And he kept his prices within reason...certainly in comparison to the internet.

But today is unreal. He has almost nothing. .270, .30-06 and .30-30 are the most popular calibers around here by far...and he had zero to sell this afternoon. NO 12 gauge, only a couple random boxes of 20ga and .410. About the only thing there was a decent amount of was .22lr. But only one choice of CCI and one load of American Eagle.

Ironically, I think that Federal is afraid to invest in another facility because they worry about running it is/when things normalize.

I wonder if it's like this currently in other places? I know Winchester used to make a lot of rimfire ammo in Oz, and names like PPU in Serbia are very good. Are they scarce too? What about the Asian stuff?

NDG