Another day, another pic on a stump - well a log, but that's what we had in a farmer's machine lot.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This was one of the most impressive days of pheasant hunting I have ever seen. We may have seen close to 1000 flushes. Of course, nearly all of them were 100s of yards away. But they were flying in every direction at all times. With the crunchy snow, getting close was hard. But we ended killing 6.

Of course, only 5 are in the picture. I shot the first bird, and afterwards we returned to the trucks in the farmer's drive to shed some clothes. I put the bird in the truck too (it has a tonneau cover). Then we did another large loop and I shot a second bird, and we returned to the truck for a snack and to drop off birds again. I put mine in the back. And then did a double take. There was only one bird in the truck. The one I just put there. No idea where the other bird went. It was dead as a wedge, but it disappeared out of a closed truck bed. No one was at home at the farm either. Haunted pheasant cover, but oh so amazing.

The farm owner was off at his brother's place which is, apparently, even better pheasant hunting. They got 17 for 6 shooters.

One more day left.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]