Thought I should update on the project as its been a few weeks since last I posted. The reason is because I caught the COVID in mid November and was quite sick for 3 weeks only starting to improve last Thursday and since then trying to re-build my strength. The VID is a real pisser and don't Poo Poo it especially if your older.
Well back to the project... At the beginning I talked about modifying the magazine system. What I didn't like was that while bolting the last round out of the enbloc clip it would fall out the bottom of the action onto the ground and possibly get lost. The clips for these guns are not readily available so trying to retain it was a priority. I wanted o design a catch that would stop the falling clip and then it could be removed when I wanted.
I have attached 2 pictures of my solution. The first is the catch in the closed position and then with the catch swung down to allow the clip to fall out. The catch is activated by the same clip release button used to unload a loaded clip up thru the top. I have some finishing work yet to do but it works nicely and I am happy with it.