Like the late Charles Lindberg, I respect the German people- who were "conned" into the Nazi Verruckt from Herr Adolph, but at least they signed the Geneva Peace Accords, something the Japs never did-Brutality, Japanese non-Christian treatment of POWS- ever see the movie "The Bridge On The River Kwai'-and Col. Saito was educated in London and spoke passable English.My late Father-In-Law served in Patton's 3RD. Army, spoke fluent German, and was wounded in both legs by German shrapnel, while rescuing 2 101st. AB troopers pinned down at Bastogne- was decorated with the Purple Heart and the Silver Star by Patton, and was NCOIC for Patton's command in charge of German Wehrmacht Troops- The first thing his troops did was to have the Germans remove their shirts and raise their arms skyward, to check for possible SS membership--they were the "Totenkopfs"-- and the Jewish soldiers wanted to shoot them on the spot-

Battan Death March, secret chemical labs the Japs had and used captured USA and Russian troops for live experiments--at least the experiments under Dr. Josef Mengle, indirectly lead to cold water rescue-survival techniques for pilots and crewmen--

I doubt very much that had FDR ordered the execution, on a man for man basis of the Jap-Americans, both those in CA, as well as those on the Island of Hawaii who were on covert missions to send coded date back to Japan, it would have deterred Tojo and Hirohito from their mission to make a bloodbath out of the Pacific theater. We all we an unrepayable debt to all our Veterans of WW11-Korea, Vietnam and Desert Storm-- RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..