June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
5 members (Mike Harrell, 12boreman, KY Jon, arrieta2, Marks_21), 386 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,616
Posts547,032
Members14,427
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Mr. Chambers:

Please do not write anything more like your recent post. This is a wonderful forum where we can all learn something about a subject and hobby very dear to us. I understand that there can be some annoying posts tacked on to very worthwhile threads, but that doesn't mean we should retaliate like you are. I think if you let it go, in time, it will die of its own accord. You will drive away any support you may have for your point of view if you continue with this kind of writing. I am an eager student when the contributors are worthy of my attention. Pleae don't dissappoint me.

Ed Pirie
West Topsham, Vermont

Sidelock
Sidelock

We should just stop this thread right where it is because I knew this was going to happen we'll lose Robert but keep Lowell!!!
Not the best

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike-

Very nice shotgun and very nice try! I recall you were not into hammerguns, so I was kind of surprised to see that one from you. I did eventually get a hammer gun to fill my need for an older double. Nothing as sweet as an old English make, however. I wasn't actually looking for a hammer gun, it more or less found me. They are a bit more difficult to use in the field, as you told me. But on trap and skeet and with the typically tight chokes, more so on trap they work just fine. They actually have some advantages (save for the longer lock time).

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Time does march on and style does change. Sometimes a certain elegance is lost along the way.
I feel that this is the case with hammer guns. As one can learn to use a pump shotgun/rifle, one can learn to use a hammer gun easily.
There is simply something satisfying in taking one afield as our fathers or grandfathers did. Sort of a hand from long ago reaching out to shake ours today.
Best,
John

Humble member of the League of Extraodinary Gentlemen (LEG). Joined 14 March, 2006. Member #1.
Sidelock
Sidelock

John-

Agreed! I smoke pipes, use fountain pens and routinely wear mechanical watches.

I may waste a bit of time loading and tamping my pipes, spill a bit of ink now and again, I might not be tracking atomic time, and I'll happily miss a bird or two by forgetting to cock back a hammer.

However, while I am not opposed to walking, I haven't yet taken up the classic English car (with Lucas electronics) for transportation!

A life without quality is not nearly as rich or well lived.

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Daryl Hallquist
I think it is pretty evident that "most" of the goofball posts, meant to incite, or be cute etc, are done by the people with fake names. The Parker site changed their rules , as I recall, to eliminate fake names. If this site did the same, it would be much better in my opinion.

Noting the ominous direction of this little private war between Chambers, Thorney and jOe, I thought I'd point out that George Newbern is not my real name. I just post using the movie star's name in hopes of getting phone numbers from hot chicks...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

George:
Does that mean that I have permission to pass your phone number out. I must have had three dozen emails asking how to contact you and did not feel comfortable in doing so.
With your permission, I will in the future.
Naturally I do not wish to be boorish and ask how hot the emaileress is, so you will simply have to inquire yourself.LOL
Best,
John

Humble member of the League of Extraodinary Gentlemen (LEG). Joined 14 March, 2006. Member #1.
Sidelock
Sidelock

John, LOL...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Robert,
You just need to ignore posts that irritate you. HJ does contribute something worthwhile occasionaly even though he does seem to enjoy tearing others down. Being from the midwest I like to think that he is a good represenative of southern hospitality Tennessee style.
Ignore the posts, realize that some people get satisfaction out of making other people mad.
Thanks for your research,
Ross

Last edited by reb87; 09/28/07 05:28 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That's precisely the reason I DON'T post on the Parker site. How many of you want to advertise to the World that you have valuable firearms at your home? Do we really have any idea of who is monitoring this site? I have what I believe is good security but if a criminal can't find my place it doesn't really matter.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.