Thanks for the prompt, CZ. I have been busy and short on time, so reading was all I'd had time for until now. Stan, I imagine the following will stir memories of a discussion of handling you and I had.

Review of my views on gun handling follows. Handling is a product of four factors: weight - measured in pounds, balance (teeter-totter) - measured in inches from the (front) trigger, unmounted swing effort - expressed as moment of inertia about/around the balance point (center of gravity)times 10, and mounted swing effort - expressed as moment of inertia times 10 about the butt of the gun. There is no one objective number that sums the foregoing four. There is also a factor named half weight radius that shows how much the weight is spread out or compacted.

A review of my data showed I'm woefully short on Superposed guns. However, I'll share some of what I have right now.

Superposed 20 gauge, 28" bbls, 14 3/4" LOP, 6# 10 oz weight, 4 3/4 inch balance, 1.80 unmounted, 7.24 mounted, 11.22" HWR.

Bertuzzi Gull Wing 12 gauge, 28" bbls, 14 3/4" LOP, 6# 10 oz, 4 3/4" balance, 1.54 unmounted, 6.98 mounted, 10.38 HWR.

As you can see, the weight, bbl length, LOP, and balance are identical. The Bertuzzi, with 0.26 lower MOI unmounted, would be a might easier/quicker to change direction of pointing. The Browning's 0.84 higher HWR shows a lower compactness which explains the Bertuzzi's lower unmounted swing effort in spite of the identical weight, balance, bbl length and LOP. The biggest difference between the two is that the Bertuzzi had a $250,000 hang tag attached. Far be it from me to criticize the Bertuzzi - it was one magnificent gun. And, the Browning was a Superposed - and that requires no explanation on this board.

The two would have handled very similarly. However, it is unlikely that gripping areas were the same shape, size, and texture so the guns would have had differing feel. The stock dimensions beyond LOP probably were different so the gun fit would have been different.

I have a 0.410 Superposed in the back of my safe that I haven't measured. Will post it in a couple of days.