Originally Posted By: John E
After Ithaca Gun Co., purchased Lefever Arms Co., side-plated Lefevers were assembled with a mix of remaining parts. I have a DS marked frame with cock indicator pins in the side-plates and Twist barrels.

I have a couple of these twist barreled DS grade guns with cocking indicators and dolls head rib extension, and have seen several others with this scarce configuration. None of them exhibit any indication that they were assembled by Ithaca.

Ted and Drew were correct about H grades being built with both twist and fluid steel barrels. I own a couple fluid steel H grade guns. I'd kinda lean toward Belgium as the source of Carman fluid steel tubes though. But that is only an opinion based upon where many Lefever twist and Damascus barrels were sourced.

The Robert Elliot books and most sources say that the H Grade was only produced in 12, 16, and 20 gauge. But several years ago, I bought a 12 gauge H on Gunbroker that turned out to be a 10 gauge with 2 7/8" chambers. It is the only example of a 10 gauge H grade that I have encountered.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.