June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
6 members (buckstix, SKB, L. Brown, eightbore, earlyriser, 1 invisible), 539 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,579
Posts546,672
Members14,425
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe that most folks here enjoy Lowell. Just take a look at some of his threads and check out the responses. Most run to multiple pages.

Sidelock
Sidelock

With out bad you can't recognize good.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike:

Way cool Boss.

Tell us a bit more about the hunt for it, and the acquisition?
Just an aside, but John Mann's friend Tolley didn't find it in his sheep shed under a grain bin?

What is the chambering. Hmm... what DID they chamber in 1871?

2"? 2-1/2"? At 7.5 pounds weight, that seems to me to produce about a 1-1/4 oz shot charge. A bit heavy for a game gun. Perhaps intended for rough shooting? I would be loath to take such a lovely thing into a duck blind.

Those non-rebounding hammers will make it slower for your man when he is reloading for you in a hot corner.

I, and the rest of the mob here ( who hopefully have now relinquished pitchfork and torch) look forward to your reply.

Regards

GKT

Texas Declaration of Independence 1836 -The Indictment against the dictatorship, Para.16:"It has demanded us to deliver up our arms, which are essential to our defence, the rightful property of freemen, and formidable only to tyrannical governments."
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike:
You posted, "My first Boss". I really like this statement. Smacks of certain knowledge that good things are in your future.
Keep us posted on this great gun and the next one you find.
Best,
John

Humble member of the League of Extraodinary Gentlemen (LEG). Joined 14 March, 2006. Member #1.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Chambers you want to win. There is no winning or losing here, just talk. Those twO guys are as important to this forun as yOu or anyone else is. Here's a box of kleenex, dry your eyes because teacher isn't going to do anything for you. Cheer up, no one is shooting at you or trying to blow you up today...that would be a real problem.

Sidelock
Sidelock

GKT and John, I bought it at an auction. Which is where I buy most of my guns. I don't need a crossover stock but for the price that I paid for it I couldn't let it get away. I'm not into hammerguns either, probably use it for trading stock. It's chambered for 2 1/2" and it has been rebarreled. The rib says " rebarreled for Boss & Co." I don't think it means it was rebarrled by them but maybe. I'll have to ask them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think it is pretty evident that "most" of the goofball posts, meant to incite, or be cute etc, are done by the people with fake names. The Parker site changed their rules , as I recall, to eliminate fake names. If this site did the same, it would be much better in my opinion.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

To quote Hansli..."Mr. Chambers you want to win"...this is absolute bullshit...I was discussing damascus when these pigeons arrived...What I want is these two cyber-mos to leave me out of the loop, so that I will be free to discuss doubles...
I thought I had an agreement with Queen Lowell and homOjoe to just leave me alone....Can't I be a neutral participant?...I was discussing damascus when these offensive pigeons showed up...then I was on the defensive...everyone said lighten up...so I played it offensively....now Hansli doesn't like that either
Let me see if I have this correct...QL & homOjoe won't allow me to be neutral...Yeti doesn't want me to be defensive...and Hansli doesn't want me to be offensive...
Well the only options left are to leave all board participation, or just allow these cyber-mos to run roughshod over me...
I choose to be pleasantly offensive toward these two...and have a little fun at the same time...
Why aren't you guys suggesting to Queen Lowell, that perhaps he should conduct himself differently in the future? Just because you don't have the guts to put these knuckleheads in check, doesn't mean that I have to put my tail between my legs like you...Now I'm on the offensive, I will find Lowell and homO on other discussion subjects where I have no interest other than slamming them, and do so...just for shits and giggles, like Lowell...and you all enjoy it when he does it...
Maybe...just maybe...these pigeons will let me return to being neutral....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Post Deleted

Last edited by Geo. Newbern; 09/28/07 01:36 PM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Geo,
My foolishness? All I want is for these pigeons to leave me alone, so that I may post academic info...is that to much to ask?...I've received several emails in support of my views...until Lowell and joe learn to treat people decently they must reap what they sow...

As far as I'm concerned this thread is over...I am going to focus my efforts on bashing Queen Lowell and homOjoe on every thread I can find them on...the hunted becomes the hunter...Its fine with Geo Newburn when Lowell does it to others, now we'll see how he likes it when Lowell is on the receiving end...quit protecting this bitch...

Last edited by Robert Chambers; 09/28/07 11:23 AM.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.