Good afternoon Guys ...

Yes, all of Michael Petrov's research was sent to the ASSRA Archives. With the help of a common friend, we tried the Cody museum first but they were hesitant because there was little original material (notes, catalogs, etc). I asked if they would reimburse for shipping the materials we had and they became completely unresponsive to emails and phone calls.

They did send an email long afterwards but when I told them the material had been sent to the ASSRA Archives, I (we) never heard back from them.

Michael had some original German and English shotgun catalogs that were all sold on eBay over a two year period. There wasn't any proprietary shotgun material that I remember. The majority o the gunmaker files were all photocopies of previously published articles. There were also several envelopes of unmarked photos of firearms ... the majority were custom bolt-action rifles.

Michael had two rooms jammed with books and old magazines ... but his filing system only made sense to him. He had some original letters to/from Col. Whelen which were shipped off as well as letters between Gerald and Niedner. There were no notebooks.

I hope this helps ...
Joe Dobrzynski

Last edited by Joe Dobrzynski; 07/06/20 03:59 PM.