Thanks for the info. As I understand it,
-- WR made his own guns marketed by retailers
-- WR made guns in the "white" finished by other gun makers
-- WR made actions sold to gun makers mated to guns and finished by the gun makers
-- And WR allowed his patents to be used by other gun makers to build guns, but they had to be inspected by WR before he would serial number the patents.

I'm not trying to hijack this line - just trying to understand what I'm seeing in my database - and you all have a ton more experience than I. So how can one tell by looking at a gun using the Anson Deeley Boxlock and WR top lock what was what?

Let me post an example. Here is a Reilly built on a WR action patent featured in a magazine.
30363 - E.M. Reilly & Co., 277 Oxford Street, London. 12 ga. Shotgun SxS. BLE. Top lever, Anson & Deely patent use #6250. A&D ejector pat use #428 #1 of pair.

30xxx? - E.M. Reilly & Co., 277 Oxford Street, London. 12ga, Shotgun SxS. BLE. Top lever. Anson & Deeley patent use #6265; A&D ejector pat use #427 #2 of pair.(SN not mentioned - Norway gun)

So just say you didn't know who sold these two guns, how could you one tell which of the above 4 options was used? (Pretty much the original question asked by RAR).

And by the way the article which featured 30363 mentioned that the author would like to know if anyone knew the whereabouts of the #2 of the pair.
https://www.theexplora.com/who-made-this...nd-ian-jackson/
The SN of the Norwegian gun is not mentioned but looking at the patent use numbers, I'm pretty sure it is indeed the #2 - found it on an Indian site).

Last edited by Argo44; 04/12/20 01:41 AM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch