Stan - Thanks and this is indeed a very uncommon SAC model; and assuming I never figure out photo posting here, I'll send them to you direct as soon as they are in my possession (I saw Terry Allen earlier this week and he made some quality photos of the frame engravings). By the way, I need to update my profile as I've not resided in my beloved home state of GA since 2013; my wife and I now live in Anderson, SC. Also, dove shooting was always my passion and an opportunity I've not had in years; so I thoroughly enjoy the tales and photos of your successful shoots. Please keep them coming.

CZ - Not sure I remember exactly which gun; a 20-bore perhaps? But this gun is not that example as it is a 12-bore located on consignment in a FL gun hop. Allow me to describe this gun to you and educate those who may be unfamiliar with the SAC A-1 Special Trap Grade. This grade was first cataloged in 1902, and as the company was out of business in early 1905, among SAC's hammerless guns, it was cataloged for the shortest period of time (2 plus years; the hammer gun had the shortest life span). At $125 suggested retail per copy, the market for such a gun was very limited. Over the course of 30 years research, I've recorded two 20-bores, one 16-bore, and five 12-bores that I can remember (A-1 was the highest grade offering for SAC' 20-bore).
Of those guns one 12-bore sold at auction for $2250 plus premium that featured 27" cut barrels and a cut stock, another 12-bore listed at Ivory beads for $3600 with a spliced stock (I was told it sold at near the asking), and the 16-bore listed on GunsAmerica for $5500 and sold the next day. The 16-bore was by far the finest of the lot condition wise, but had an unsightly piece broken off the barrel lug (it was a 3rd Model with the sliding cocking hook). I was able to afford this gun and paid a fraction of what the above guns sold for. This gun is a 12-bore with 30" Krupp barrels, solid wood, and is absolutely untouched as to after-market repairs and alterations. The gun is tight, and the only mechanical issue I've found with the gun is that the hold-open catch is not working. I'm hoping it's just stuck, as not a gunsmith the last thing I want to do is remove the false plate to access this device; then be unable to reinstall those crazy hammer springs.
Of the few A-1 Grades I've recorded, this example features the most unusual engraving. The catalog depictions and description of this grade show bird scene engravings; two quail on one side, and two snipe or woodcock on the other. This was SAC's lowest grade offering featuring game scenes, and pointing dog scenes were reserved for Grades B, C, and D; BUT this example was special ordered with a pointing dog, a setter, on the left side of the frame. The scene depicts a point on one or two quail under some bush, and a rabbit running away from the crime scene in the foreground; not an uncommon occurrence based on my quail hunting experiences in GA. This scene is also unusual in that the dog points towards the shooter and not towards the muzzles as is typical with SAC pointing dogs. Another unusual feature is that the floor plate is engraved with scroll in a fashion similar to most Grade B guns I've seen, just less coverage; and the gun and maker's name and address, normally engraved on the trigger plate, is finely engraved on both sides of the narrow front portion of the frame. Otherwise it seems to be typical A-1 motif engraving for the most part with two quail on the right frame side and a three bird covey scene in an oval on the guard bow, which is filed in a convex contour identical to the guard bows on B,C, and D Grades. It features modern stock dimensions and the wood is very nicely figured although finishes have turned dark obscuring its figure and color.

As FYI, I asked the original question in the hopes that I could "lighten" the frame a bit to better see the engraving.
Best,
Tom