June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
4 members (SKB, Researcher, dogon, 1 invisible), 233 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,572
Posts546,466
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#56415 09/12/07 06:41 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The biggest decline of hunting is in New England, Rocky Mountains and the Pacific States, as per the US Fish and Wildlife Service.
How come?

States with the most resident participants.
Texas
Pennsylvania
Michigan
Wisconsin
Missouri

Instate birdwatchers
California!

State with the most armchair gun-pros
??????????

Sidelock
Sidelock

yOu tell us.

Sidelock
Sidelock

How come? JoE, I would check for states with the highest influx "carpetbaggers" from the Blue States.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's certainly on the decline in Georgia. Every season fewer hunting licenses are sold, and the average age of the Georgia hunter increases (50 plus at the moment). I personally attribute this decline to the fact that hunting opportunities nowadays are so hard to come by. Only the most successful individuals who can afford land tracts, or those who have inherited a tract, or who have owned a large tract for a number of years have access to a place to hunt without leasing (most folks are a little shy of our public hunting areas). Every year land leases become more expensive because the amount of land that can be leased has decreased. Small game hunting always driven license sales in Georgia; and, with small game populations on the decline and few places to go, the younger crowd can easily find more exciting and less expensive things to do with their time. But if things don't change, fewer hunters equals fewer voters favorable to the rights and needs of hunters and wildlife. I often wonder if the likes of PETA will soon realize the majority of their objectives just thru attrition. In many ways I'm glad that I am unable to know the future; I've too many worries already.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The planet earth is going downhill, so enjoy the chase while you still can. Glad I was not born yesterday.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe topgun is absolutely correct.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

"y0u tell us." Well j0e, I can tell you that Tennessee leads the nation in 'possum consumption.
Have you had yours today?

The areas where there was the largest decline in hunting have turned very liberal in their thinking and ways....I wasn't shocked mates!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Even Asgard fell. One of these days, one of these no downside metroethicists will get tired of watercress or soylent green and begin to sharpen a pointed stick in the fire if she can remember how to build one. I believe in responsibility to and for animals including, of course, myself.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Have you been spending a lot of time with Crossedchisles? You're becoming increasingly difficult to understand.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would venture to say that the downhill slippery slope began with the "New Deal" when liberties were traded for jobs, support for family and the like. Monies from the Northern populated part of the US were given in exchange for natural resources in other parts, creating jobs and the like. A chemical plant or nuclear plant entity would purchase a large tract of rural farming land and the urban sprawl would begin. When one can't pay the mortgage, or much less the taxes, on a tract of land via farming, the tract becomes residential or commerical from which subdivision and business spring up supporting the plants. The other side of the coin is management entities who consolidate large tracts of land and lease the hunting rights or sell the tract for a substantial profit to other entities. It's more about profit than the sport of hunting or the chase of the quarry. Now, heirs upon receiving property, don't even let the ink dry on the instrument before they are asking what do I have and how much can I sell it for. The same applies to guns and the like. There isn't a connection to the past, or they do not desire one. Last is the care of the elderly: much of what they acquired thru life was exchanged for payment of their care. And once again management entities can purchase the land from nursing homes or thru auctions and the vicious cycle continues. There appears to be a problem when at auction, the Nature Conservancy(which has a $ limit) is continually outbid by the private sector.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.