I am seeking information on my very early Westley Richards fowling piece. This is a ~13 bore muzzle loading shotgun. Serial number (only number located 2743 on inside of lock plates and barrel). This gun is complete including the loading rod. I have found a small amount of information on this piece by way of a similar WR photo in the DG&SS Journal Vol.8, Issue 2, Page 129. However, I have not come across any information on a model this early in the WR production. A notable feature is the split breech block and lack of flash protectors on the fences (may have been burned away over almost two centuries of use). These are key differences from the gun in the DG&SS article.

I regularly shoot this WR and use it for dove shooting each fall. The barrels are sound as I they have been subject to radiography at an state of the art welding and engineering research center. While the bore is rough, it is sound.

If you are knowledgeable as to early Westley Richards firearms I would appreciate hearing from you.

Photos (see the following post)

Last edited by LetFly; 01/25/20 04:58 PM.