June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
9 members (Hugh Lomas, Licensed to kill, LeFusil, dogon, 2 invisible), 336 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,612
Posts546,986
Members14,427
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think I'll run out back and fire off a shot or two at the bats....be right back.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pete M.
"I know where Hesperia is.......land 35 miles north or Gladstone"

Well depending on whether you were up 35 or 41 should have put you right about Traunik or Little Lake? I bet there were a lot of grouse on the property. When I lived in Marquette I hunted in that general neck of the woods, although a little further west.

Chicago Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

"Bats are far to nimble and have excellent navigation to get caught up in women's hair. That is an old wives tale."

Wives tale or not, I know boobies when I see 'em.

Sidelock
Sidelock

According to the Homelessjoe post they seem to have a problem with bats in Michigan. I guess if I lived there with my 5 boys and wife I might thin the population down too. I think you guys might have been a little hard on Jeff. Jeff always remember the three S rule Shoot,Shovel,Shutup(read below)

"After consulting her doctors, Johnson received 15-20 injections in and around the bite mark and one in each hip. She has to return four or five more times over the next month for additional injections. She said doctors do not expect any complications to the baby.

The bats are out of control. They (Gerber health officials) are seeing people every day,” Johnson said. “They had seen six people just yesterday.”

Last edited by reb87; 09/11/07 11:14 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chicago
Well depending on whether you were up 35 or 41 should have put you right about Traunik or Little Lake? I bet there were a lot of grouse on the property. When I lived in Marquette I hunted in that general neck of the woods, although a little further west.
Chicago Mike
Mike,

Actually it was on County RD 426 a few miles south of Watson (if you can call a few abandon buildings a town). About 10 miles north of where the rail road tracks cross to the west of 426 at Hendricks. The locals called it Sand Corner. From my back property line there was nothing but paper company land with the next dirt road over 2 miles away. A lot of grouse, turkey, snowshoe hare, deer, bobcat, coyote, etc. I would fish the Ford and the Escanaba. I made it up to Marquette a few times. Attended the UP State Fair in Escanaba with some friends over the years. Spent the nights in August watching the Perseid meteor showers.

Knew some folks just off 35. Hunted deer over that way with them on occasion. Used to see a lot of bear sign in the cedar bogs in that area.

The paper company did a lot of cutting near my place over the years. Could always count on it becoming great habitat for grouse a few years after a cut.

Pete

OP Offline

Actually Hesperia,Michigan is Just north of Muskegon about 30 miles.
Apearentley some of you Peaple have a problem with LEGAL SHOOTING!! Please Pick ANY COUNTRY You Want to live in & I will Pay for a ONE WAY Ticket to that Country. The Only Catch is you give up your U.S.A. Citizen ship & NEVER come back!!
Not Sure What your problem is. Its a DAMN Bat for christ sakes its not Like there a endangered species at Least not where I live, & I checked with the local D.N.R. To the guy that (Reported) me, They said Please Kill as Many as possible. so kiss my white Backside!!!
I am Leaving to go hunting for a week. but any of you that want to take this up in person my Address is 937 Daniel lot 1/ Hesperia, MI Don't write. Have the Balls to come on up & talk face to face! I will be back on Wednesday the 19th.

Jeff Hren
OP Offline

I want to apoligize for my last post. I get a little peeved when accused of breaking laws or Violating. I have spent most of my life trying to be legal about how I do things. I am NO saint however, as you can tell. Prior to shooting ANY Bats I first checked with the D.N.R. & was told there is a real Rabies problem & to Please shoot as many as I could, They also said not to worry about the heads,at least at that time,I will contact them again & make sure.
Then I checked with my brother in law,( He's a Michigan State trooper) to make sure they didn't have anything on the books about it. He was told by his Higher ups the same thing, Shoot as many as possible.
I have followed the Law, Checked & was told to shoot as many as possible.
Sorry if you love Bats, but there is a problem here & I am trying to help, not hurt or Break any laws. I DO NOT feel I Deserve to be bashed or harrassed for doing what's right, or am I apt to tolerate such crap.
to me its just as if i went out becouse I happen to like Pheasant & try to interfere with your hunting of Pheasants. Most of you would raise holy hob about that! But thats JUST what you are doing to me!!
Think about that the next time you see a bunch of anti-hunters protesting at your favorite hunting spot... you just became one!!!!

Jeff Hren
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Hrenegade
I took my Ithaca 16Ga out last night & shot 6 times hitting 4 bats! I think thats the best I have ever done! I had a red label 20Ga till I got stupid & sold it, i think the best I ever did with that was 9 shots & 5 bats.

Above is your original post that started this thread. All I,and I suspect others, can read into this is someone bragging about shooting a non-game species. How do YOU think this would come across when quoted by an anti-hunting group??
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you really want to boil it down, we're all full of crap. Why is it bad to kill a bat, but OK to kill a mosquito? It's because we are viewing things from a human perspective - bats are good and cute but mosquitoes serve no purpose that we find useful. I'm sure mosquitoes find their own survival useful.

If we're really going to defend bats, we should also start a campaign against OFF, Raid, and anyone with a flyswatter.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jeff, This BBS is one of my favorite places to come and play. However, I have also been "piled on" for posting something I thought was non-controversial. I did find the experience very enlightening. Some good people came to my rescue and helped me defend myself, while others were mouthy and judgemental without just cause. I do notice that being behind a computer screen and keyboard has a way of making some guy's balls grow like coconuts.
I'm 3rd generation ex-special forces in my family and I train and fight mixed martial arts for fun. I doubt very seriously that many of the mouthier members would run their jibs in person with me. But in the confines of their home/office they all become Hulk Hogan. Sorry, couldn't think of an Ultimate Fighter everyone would know. I say if there's no legal ramifications and you folks have a nuisance problem - blast em'. It's probably real good upland practice.

Note* Personally I like bats at my house, because they eat all the biting bugs. But if a rabies problem was apparent, I'd shoot-em all and buy a bug zapper!

Lloyd Purvis - Director of Collegiate Scouting
College Prospects of America
cpoaohiovalley@yahoo.com
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.