Originally Posted By: Marks_21
Jtplumb, I pretty strongly disagree with Keiths comments above. I have had nothing but positive experiences with the Lefever guys. Dont hesitate to reach out.

So how about telling Jtplumb about the not-so-democratic nominating and voting process for officers or principals of the Lefever Arms Collectors Assn. Unless much has changed... this should really be good!

Then tell us what a great value he will get from a newsletter that predominantly featured photos of the President (or "responsible person") for Life, shooting clays or posing behind Lefever tables at gun shows or shooting events. Sorry... but as time went on, I just didn't see much value in subsidizing someone else's self importance... especially considering that I got more solid information from other sources for less cost. It wasn't always like that. Has the newsletter ever featured an article or pics of the Lefever drilling that sold on Gunbroker several years ago? That glaring omission kinda told me this wasn't much of a collectors resource. My experiences and impressions were pretty much mirrored in some private discussions with some advanced Lefever collectors and independent researchers who were frustrated with attempts at submissions to the newsletter. I'm not alone in my opinions. At one time, if you Googled "Lefever Collectors", there were several competing websites. I even considered starting my own so I could pick some nice plums.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.