I have seen the action that was used on the first, boxlock gun, on many French and Belgian guns. That one had some nice file work at the back of the action. I have no idea who supplied those actions, but, in Europe, they are as common as empty beer cans, and are used on everything from garden variety hardware store guns to nicer, better finished examples like the gun you posted. I’d be willing to bet the action was sold as an in the white proofed and barreled set, and went to a provincial gunsmith/gunmaker where it waited until he had an order for a new gun.

Let me get this straight-an as new, double proofed, 28” barreled 12 gauge 2 3/4” French boxlock wasn’t worth $850 to you? I would have to disagree with that notion. If you are looking, ed, this gun actually has a swamped rib, and was very well priced. That, is why it sold. Make note of it.

The second gun, missing it’s front wood, is a sad story. You are not going to come up with wood and iron for that gun as easily as you did a Beretta S57.

Neither of those names ring any bells for me, not unusual for French guns. Both look to be well finished.

Brent, that first one seemed to check all your boxes-sorry you missed it.
Best,
Ted