Canvasback, I don't know enough about "the media" in Canada to comment. But "the media" in the United States is hardly "compliant". That might have worked back in ancient times when there were only 3 TV networks. Not now, with a whole bunch of other networks. Not to mention all the Internet news sources.

And while your guy was caught with a whole bunch of opioids, the only way they're going to kill anyone is if people take them. It's not like he's got a nuke in his garage and all he has to do is detonate it.

When Islamists manage to kill people in this country, we do hear about it. When the govt stops them before they can do it, we also hear about that. But I look at the millions of Muslims in this country and the relatively small number of people who've been killed by Islamist terrorists in the US since 9/11. I think it took the Orlando nightclub shooter's body count to move the total number of deaths in the US from Islamist terrorists ahead of Tim McVeigh's score from one attack in Oklahoma City.

While we need to remain extremely vigilant to the Islamist terrorist threat, we can also count ourselves very lucky that it's mostly in places other than the United States. And by a significant margin, most of those killed by Muslims are . . . OTHER MUSLIMS.