I have (somewhere) a copy of Vernon Starr's book on muzzle loading shotguns. I do recall he recommended for best patterns to use two cad wads over the powder with no filler wad & then of course the overshot wad. On thing he recommended which I, Personally, would not advise was to "Pucker Up & Spit" down the bore before loading.

An old "Rule of Thumb" for many shooters of ML'ing shotguns is an equal measure {volume} for shot & powder. A 2 1/2 dram 1 oz load is about as near dead on as one will get. Commercial powders are,or at least used to be, given a volume of 0.115 CuIn per dram of powder & 0.288 CuIn for the shot. I can't say for positive but I "Think" this was based on an average of 2F & 3F so either would be real close. The shot I think was based on ordinary chilled lead of about 7 1/2 size. #6 through #8 would also be very close.

PS; The fiber wads I have had over the years did not have that distinctive beveled edge. I always just picked them up & paid no attention to which end was up or down.

Lorne;
One little Blooper there you might want to edit, should read 70 "Grains" of powder. I haven't run the figures but I believe 70 "Drams" would overflow the barrel

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra