June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
5 members (FlyChamps, Birdog, 375whelenIMP, 2 invisible), 560 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,589
Posts546,769
Members14,425
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hooyah Stan!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Stan for reminding us of the good things in life.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hardest thing for me to decide betwixt now and then is whether the Dickinson 30" barreled .410 or the FAIR Iside TG 30" barreled .410 will get the nod.

Trouble, trouble, trouble ...............

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

To me, the anticipation and getting ready is just part of the fun. Buy a new camo shirt to go with the 15 perfectly good ones I already have. Pick up another couple flats of 28 gauge AAs because the 10 or 12 flats I have on the shelves might not be enough to get me through the season. And I always tell my son you can never have too many guns or too much ammunition.

I started shooting doves with my dad when I was about 10 on my grandpa’s farm. At the time we just sat on a sandbar at the “crick” and shot birds that came to get water or grit. We carried our stuff in wooden shell cases that dad had put handles in and then turned them on end to use for seats. After I got out on my own, I found us a club that planted 40 acres of sunflowers and we had great shoots. My dad’s health keeps him from going anymore but he still loves to talk about guns, shooting and hunting. Now my son goes with me. And when he can’t, a good friend who has moved out of state but still comes back for dove season. The first day of dove season is one of my favorite days of the year.

Nothing the government gives you is free.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan this new GA season is going to be a winner in my opinion. Hate missing the Labor Day weekend though. Yeah, I'm excited too...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
I'm really excited about the changes they have made to the open days for our '19-'20 seasons. We used to have an October mid-season that was almost useless to me, as I'm wide open harvesting peanuts and cotton during that time. It is gone completely. We run Sept. 7 - Sept. 30. Then there is a short "Thanksgiving season" from Nov. 23 thru Dec. 1. Last season runs from Dec. 6 - Jan. 31 ................ 57 straight days of late season, migratory birds !!!!!

Hooyah !!! I'm stoked.

SRH

Outstanding work by the Ga. G&F people, Stan. That's dang near perfect.

Can't remember if you told me, do y'all allow morning shooting on opening weekend? I've always thought it was a bad practice that hurt the resource to shoot mornings opening weekend.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Goillini, I took my father Dove shooting, for the last time, when he was 90. By then he was down to one functioning eye. I lent him a 16 Fox AE and a couple boxes of shells. The only reason he came was this was the first time both of my youngest sons were going to be Dove hunting at the same time and I told him I wanted them to have one memory of him hunting with them. I know, it was an unfair argument.

Anyways he sat there for almost an hour watching birds fly. He cut five or six weeds and placed them around his area as distance markers. His depth perception was fairly bad by this point. Then he started shooting, one slow shot, after another. Before his first box was gone he had his 15 bird limit. Even at 90 he was still a good shot. That was the last time he hunted and I could never get him to hunt with us again. I think it was a good way to end on a high note for him. I did get him to come with us one time later but he refused to shoot at all. But he did sit with me and we talked. What I would give for another conversation. Ask your dad if he would sit and talk with you while you Dove hunt.

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ga. season starts at noon.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: KY Jon
My opener is September first, at noon. We wont be going out to the field until 3:00. Still seems like a long ways off but already getting things in order for it. I love the two month preparation because to me it is just like a long Christmas season.

It takes two months to get ready to go dove hunting...

That rates right up there.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.