Larry, I see what you mean, but not every maker of unmarked guns was in the guild...in fact every guildsman proudly signed their name...what's the point of attaining this position if you can't use the status of acomplishment to convey quality of workmanship?

Face it, the whole "guild gun" concept is erred...it's a misnomer...plain and simple...

in fact most unmarked Belgian double shotguns were produced by Pieper and ML...Most Piepers (95%+) are JABC..and Henri Pieper was a guildsman...Most ML guns are of very high quality, and ML was a publicly owned company and whole companies cannot be guildsmem...

nearly every pre-war Francotte, Lebeau, Masquelier, Bury, some Dumoulin, Paul Scholberg, Theate, Laloux, Deforney, Mainwaring, Branquaert, Bodson, Breakers, Christophe, Lepage, Forgeron, Thonon, Vendrix, Rousseaux, and Donkier were ML (ebauche) based

some Dumoulins, Janssens, and Ancion Marx were Pieper based

It's the same thing and the VERY SAME guys that tell people that Aubrey shotguns were actually produced by L C Smith...You can talk 'til the cows come home, I will never get the ficticious connection between Aubrey and Smith...or Crecent and L C Smith...I don't care how many people believe it...