Originally Posted By: Drew Hause
Most interested in thoughts of others. I did not save Miller's very helpful illustration from the previously deleted thread and possibly he could add it.

My thoughts??? Exactly the same thoughts I had in the previous thread on this subject, which was unfortunately deleted.

It was clearly evident then, that chamber lengthening in virtually all vintage double shotguns would result in LESS wall thickness at the end of the new chamber. Nothing has changed. Miller graciously provided his drawing with notations added to illustrate that, which you continued to reject and deny.

You also rejected the simple explanation I gave for why chamber lengthening in these guns would absolutely result in LESS wall thickness at the end of the new, longer chamber. You questioned what Miller and I saw so clearly and easily, and demanded to see actual measurements of wall thickness of chambers I personally had lengthened. The most expensive measuring tools in the world are useless when you can't grasp simple ideas and 8th grade geometry.

To me, that was just silly, and it was proof that you are not qualified to pretend to be any kind of shotgun barrel expert. It was like demanding that I provide measurements and proof that shortening barrels actually makes them shorter. I am just amazed that you went to all this trouble to confirm what is so clear and self-evident. Paying Briley to cut a chamber deeper to confirm it simply proves the old adage: "A fool and his money are soon parted."

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.