Just remember Stan you asked.....

What I did ethically and legally in a days hunt has little to do with the unethical and despicable thing your grandaddy did shooting into a covey of quail on the ground.

I'm a turkey hunter I don't hunt with decoys or blinds....I don't shoot turkeys off the roost or over bait. Nor would I ever shoot into a flock of turkeys.

Over the course of a day I shot each turkey individually on two different winter breaks with my turkey dog....fact is I had one get away I shot with the old Scott sidelock on the first set or I would have killed 6 that day and on the second break I could've killed the 6th turkey but chose not two. TWRA game and fish set the limits not me...because I tried to fill the bag limit doesn't make me a game hog.

Fact is any kind of hunting is better with a dog.

Fact is if you can't see what he did was despicable in any upland hunters eyes I can't make you see it....

Times were hard for some back then for sure my mom and dad said they never knew there was a depression....evidently he wasn't starving or too depressed if he had been he couldn't have afforded to purchase the supposed 6 or 7 seven shotgun shells to kill a meal of quail.

7 quail covey shot on the ground and 6 in the air with his trusty 97 Winchester was quite the feat....a regular Herb Parsons feat.

Did he drive a Winchester car ?

You want to brag...next time brag about something believable instead of an embellished excuse for shooting 13 of quail on the ground.

Just my observation...